View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 38
05-05-2010, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I'd still personally like to see it as a reward for EITHER bulk of referrals or retention of any one referral.

Ie. get 5 friends to resub an extra month (the current model) or get one friend to sub for 5 additional months (6 total, including the boxed gametime). Having two criteria would make it more attainable and I think the longterm healthier approach would be to encourage each of us to get one friend who will stick around than to get 5 who may not.
That's been one of the better ideas I've seen come out of this discussion. It addresses the complaint of 5 referrals being too many. But then still keeps to the core of the idea. Having one player sub for 6 months. You do the game a service. Mathematically their sub fees equal the effort of 5 friends. But you give the game a sub with some retention value.

I like that idea.

I find the suggestion to put this ship directly into the C-Store is a cop out. It does not consider the intent of the referral program and really only serves to fill players "wants" with no real consideration of what the company is trying to do.

I find your idea actually works within the framework of what the company is trying to do. While still making it easier to obtain the item. Since most of us interested in the thing can probably find one really close friend to go through 6 months of subscribing. Where finding 5 friends is ... less likely.