View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDragon
Nice suggestion,however there is a bit of a problem with the comic shop thing. All of the comic book shops in my area have closed down due to lack of interest. Also the whole Bar/Club thing won't work since the only people who go to those places are only interested in two things: getting laid and getting drunk just not in the exact order mind you.

Thankfully I will be moving from my current place to a new one in a few years so with any luck the East coast will be more receptive of the Gamer/Comic enthusiast since the area out here in California tend to be more about Madden and Gears of War than a good game like Assassin's Creed or Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. Or to put it in a less snobby way these guys in my area wouldn't know a good game if it slapped them with a ten pound fish.
Wow Iam surprised especially you being on the West Coast like me. I have 2 little comic shops in my little town of under 10000 and then Iam only like 45 min away north and south to two major cities :p

I know some people wont be able to for realistic reasons, but I mean you cant hate them for putting an item to bring in more people. Again it sucks but never the less..these type of promotions always happen. I know when playing WoW, I didnt get one of those little password creators...not sure what you call them but they give a special ingame object...i never got it...i never cryed over it..it sucked but i seen why they did it.