View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-06-2010, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicia
They bought a lifetime subscription to a game and got a ton of bonuses, they got what they paid for.

Cryptic has already set the standard for 'exclusive' 'special' etc.. It means, subject to be given away, repackaged or put on the C-store at a later date. I don't have a problem with this, I've already been burned once and I see no reason why the standard that was set with the TOS Uniforms cannot be maintained.

It's just like the lifetime stuff, such as Captain's table being put into the Veteran's rewards. The Mirror Universe uniforms or some variant of, will probably bring them in more cash via c-store points then anything else. In fact, uniforms of any kind, would probably sell well in the c-store.
Sorry but incorrect. When the Mirror Universe deal came up, Cryptic said it would be the only way to get the uniform. Only way. Not some vaguely worded 'exclusive.' The Only way.

To get on that deal you had to buy a lifetime subscription to a buggy and incomplete game to get a reward in a game no one had seen yet. Based on their wording, many people shelled out $300 just to get those uniforms. Champions certainly wasn't worth it at the time.

And even after shelling out that money, the uniforms weren't in months later at STOs launch. We paid for them over 6 months ago and had them for less than a week. It would be the proverbial slap in the face (hate that cliche, but its true) if they put it in the C-Store for a few dollars after making people pay Hundreds for it.

What would be a fair compromise would be putting it as a veteran reward after the 16 month mark. That would mean that either method of getting the Uniform would involve a similar level of financial commitment to Cryptic. That would be the fairest method to let others have it without abusing the customers who showed the greatest leap of faith.