View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-06-2010, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
I see what you're saying, but I don't see that vibe you're talking about. Don't over-analyze is my advice, heh.

You saw the post dstahl made with the v'ger joke. That he even responded to the one particular flame that came from it was surprising. But read the post. He's still just doing his thing. Addressing the issue and brushing the ranty bits aside.

And read his post about the referral program. Not the post about him taking feedback to the meeting and discussing things with the executives. No, the post about what he thinks about the referral program. All really positive stuff.

Keep in mind that 99.9% of the posts made by people with orange names on these forums are made with intent. They know what they're posting and why they're posting it. It's part of their job. The responsibility of being "official." They know we'll deconstruct every word they type. They know this going in.

Every now and then, a little crack shows the humanity of the person. But you ask me, that's a good thing.

And really, just keep up with the posts and see how much enthusiasm dstahl and others do have when they talk about things like the new ship interiors and what not.

It's not that I think we're all that great in our back and forth with the devs. It's just, I think they're very very very well trained to sift out the noise. The rhetoric. The rants. And get to the meat of the issue that they can talk about.

What always entertains me the most on the forums, by the way ... is when folks get frustrated about the dev "silence."

Half the time the devs CAN'T respond to certain questions. Because they can't answer the question yet without going through their process. And the rest of the time, they can't answer the question because they don't have an adequate answer.

But that silence ... that's always the best tool to get a conspiracy thread going.

BAH

*Waves hand with a dismissing motion

(j/k)

I understand what you are saying