View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-09-2010, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCrypticDave
We are working on this problem. Actually, it appears to be a collection of problems. I'm personally not 100% convinced that it is due to solely to dynamic lighting. Anyway, you are welcome to run with it on. If you get consistent crashes with it turned on, as some of our other customers have reported, then I'd have to say turn it back off.

At any rate, we have not yet fixed the issues I have seen us repro internally in Starbase 24, for example. We are working with ATI on a couple of things we've found there, and I am adding some diagnostic code to track down some other possible problems. I'm not sure if my diagnostic code has made it to LIVE yet.

If you look for my other posts, you can see some more detail on where we are at with this bug (or bugs).

Dave
The only problem I had with dynamic lighting on was abysmal performance in the first KA space map. No crashes at all, and I've been running with DL from the very beginning.

Also, you'll be seeing a ticket concerning the KA ground section shortly. Which one of you thought designing the mission the way it is - one bugged drone during the bossfight prevents you from completing the whole ground section - was ok? My team spent hours beating that section, and the only thing we got out of it was hours upon hours of wasted time.

How can that be? Shouldn't you have tested that mission more? From what I'm reading on the forums, the bug is rather well-known, so I can't imagine people did not run across it on Tribble.

Also, on a related note, adding save points around every hour of gameplay during these raidisodes would be appreciated. I have a time-intensive job, and can only attempt to beat the STF's once, maybe twice per weekend if I want to have time for different things as well. The way they're set up now, they're too similar to just another job you have to do in order to advance to me.

-------------------------------

Ok, guess I had to vent. Good thing I slept over it before posting, else my choice of words would've probably run counter to your forum policy.