View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-10-2010, 06:20 AM
Is this just indicative of the "me generation?" I've come to accept that if something is offered as an exclusive and has strings attached to get, that's what needs to be done in order to get said item. I don't look at the hoops and say "I'm not doing that. I know! I'll just demand that Cryptic makes it available to me in a different way that's more reasonable for me!" I don't complain when I miss out on something offered in a Collector's Edition because I didn't want to pay for it.

The trouble is Cryptic loses credibility if it offers an exclusive later on. Why buy a LTS in the time frame given in order to get a playable Borg if you can just buy it in the C-store at a later date? They wouldn't be doing themselves any favors by doing that. It would hurt their business because no one would participate in the promotions.

I think a better compromise is to offer a similar but different item in the C-store. Mirror Universe uniforms from a different show like Enterprise I think would satisfy a lot of folks and maintain the integrity of the original offer.