View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-13-2010, 01:43 PM
Part II

Skill Bonuses and Traits
A ships Captain and Bridge Officers with the right training and traits can squeeze more power from the Warp Core and make Subsystems run better. There are Efficiency/Efficient skills and traits which will give power setting bonuses for systems at lower power allocations (i.e. less then power allocation 75). And there are Performance skills which gives a straight power setting bonus to subsystems.

Section III - Power Related Skills

Starship Warp Core Efficiency
Right off there is Starship Starship Warp Core Efficiency. The related traits are the character trait Efficient Captain, the Bridge Officer traiit Efficient and the Joined Trill trait Joined Symbiote. This skill grants power setting bonuses to systems running at low power (i.e. <75). The lesser the power allocation the bigger the bonus will be.

A handy chart.

__|_25_|_50_| |_25_|_50_| |__25_|_50_| |__25_|_50_|
-----------------------------------------------------
1 | +1 | +0 | | +2 | +1 | | + 3 | +2 | | + 4 | +2 |
2 | +3 | +1 | | +4 | +2 | | + 5 | +2 | | + 5 | +3 |
3 | +5 | +2 | | +5 | +2 | | + 7 | +3 | | + 7 | +5 |
4 | +6 | +3 | | +6 | +3 | | + 8 | +4 | | + 8 | +4 |
5 | +6 | +3 | | +7 | +3 | | + 9 | +4 | | + 9 | +5 |
6 | +7 | +3 | | +8 | +4 | | +10 | +5 | | +10 | +5 |
7 | +8 | +4 | | +9 | +4 | | +10 | +5 | | +10 | +5 |
8 | +8 | +4 | | +9 | +4 | | +10 | +5 | | +11 | +5 |
9 | +9 | +4 | | +9 | +4 | | +11 | +5 | | +11 | +6 |

Due to the lack of formulas for the new skills. I'm using charts to illustrate the numbers.

The first column is the Warp Core Efficiency skill rank. What follows are pairs of columns for the 25 and 50 power allocations. The first pair of columns is based solely on the base Captain skill. The send pair of columns uses the +7.5 bonus for an Efficient Bridge Officer. The third pair of columns uses the +15 bonus for the Efficient Captain trait. The fourth/last pair of columns is the +7.5 and +15 bonus for an Efficient Bridge Officer and an Efficient Captain.

The numbers in the columns pairs are the cumulative power setting bonus. So Rank 6 in Warp Core Efficiency for an Captain with the Efficient Captain trait will get a power setting bonus of +9 for power setting 25 or +5 for a power setting of 50.

Note: The power bonuses progress may see strange and arbitrary. Power bonuses can have factional values (i.e. 2.5). Those factions are added into the values, but are not displayed. The game client displays power settings are integers (not sure if they are truncated or rounded).

Starship Warp Core Potential Skill

The Starship Warp Core Potential skill is the second tier of power skills. The related trait this skill is Warp Core Theorist. Warp Core Potential adds a modest power setting bonus to all subsystem. This skills allows power settings to exceed 100. And like other power setting skills they stack with any other bonus.

A handy chart.
1 | +1 |
2 | +2 |
3 | +3 |
4 | +3 |
5 | +4 |
6 | +4 |
7 | +4 |
8 | +5 |
9 | +5 |

The first column of this chart is the [b]Warp Core Potential[b] skill rank. The second column is the cumulative power setting bonus for that rank.

<Subsystem> Performance Skills

The <Subsystem> Performance skills are quite powerful which is probably why they are Captain and Admiral rank skills. The skills are very expense in terms of skill points. But for the right system and ship, they are priceless.

These skills grant a flat power setting bonus regardless of the power allocation to the subsystem. These skills in every way act like an Engineering Subsystem Power Consoles. These skills will allow power settings to exceed 100. And like other power setting bonuses they do stack with the rest.

1 | +02 |
2 | +04 |
3 | +06 |
4 | +07 |
5 | +08 |
6 | +09 |
7 | +09 |
8 | +10 |
9 | +10 |

The first column is the <Subsystem> Performance skill rank. The second column is the the cumulative power setting bonus for each skill rank. As you can see the Performance skills are quite potent.

Other Miscellaneous Skills

There are other skills which can temporarily boost ship power levels directly or other ship power skills. I won't go into much detail as there are many of the skills, but I will highlight some of the more common skills.

Emergency Power To <Subsystem> skills. In addition to other effects, these skills increase the power setting of the subsystem for 30 seconds. You get all of the benefits of the higher power level.

Note: The Team skills used to provide 30 seconds of various skill bonuses. But with the Season 1.2 update, the duration is how 5 seconds. Five seconds isn't much time for addition power. So I'm dropping the discusion of them my guide.

Where can I see what my bonuses are?

Another good question. One thing very nice includes in the UI improvements is that all of of the passive skills and bonuses you character has are now displayed. They are under the Passive tab of the status window for your character ('hit J' -> Select your -> Status tab). This tab shows ALL of you bonuses including all of those power settings bonuses you get from skills. You'll set the power setting bonuses for each subsystem for each captain skill: i.e. Starships Warp Core Training: Weapons, Weapon System Efficiency, Weapon System Performance, etc. And to top it off, each of the bonuses change in real time as you alter you subsystem power allocations.