View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 89
05-15-2010, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnoh
And the statement of the items being "Unique" occurs 16 days later on the 20th. (Unique was in the initial offer, because It described the TYPE of uniforms, Unique Mirror Universe uniform set. Cryptic just removed the exclusive from the MU post due to the negative feed back(91 pages) of having to subscribe to CO for $200 to receive the MU set.)

This is all really simple to end if someone would step up from the team and end it.

I'll even accept "we still haven't decided, 9 months later"

Can we at least agree that the evidence is not clear, and our interpretations of it, despite being opposed, are both based on insufficient information?

Please find something more recent than 8/20/2009 which either omits or outright denies exclusivity. "Unique" is debatable, and I concede it is not definitive, but I also firmly stand against this matter being closed unless and until the policy is defined in clear words by the team, here and now.
I agree that more information is better than less, The facts presented by all strongly support my case. I will agree at bare minimum that the information due to poor launch communication may need to be followed up with the community. The information as it currently stands decisively supports my conclusion. I will further say that their is missing information, and that is in what offer or by what means will the MU uniforms be available again?

It is my opinion that Cryptic realized they had made a mistake offering the MU uniforms with the CO LTS based off of the STO forums prelaunch initial advertisement offer that received Very Strong NEGATIVE Feed back, Then Cryptic Changed the offer before it went live to appease the STO forum people, by removing the exclusivity from the advertisement, and then felt they could not make everyone happy, so then they answered everyone in vague manner, so that the STO people were happy with the Non Exclusivity change, and soft/ vague enough that the CO people would not burst into flames with anger. To further appease the CO people came out and said we do not know when the uniforms will be available again.
Vague in this matter would be creating a loophole for non exclusivity, and not coming out and saying in bold letters we changed the exclusivity status prior to launch, they silently just removed it from the offer. Thus taking the exclusivity out of the final purchaser agreement/ advertisement, slipping it in under the noses of those who purchased the CO LTS . Doing so in this manner kept everyone calm.

I have drawn this conclusion based on the facts I have investigated and submitted to evidence for all to see.
This opinion summarizes all the known facts and tell the story of what they mean in context to this offer.