View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 1009
05-18-2010, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
All my ships and characters are named the way they are, because of their backgrounds and origins.

Ooh!! So is mine, at least on my alt.

Since she is the only member of her species out in the galaxy and acts as a Sentinel and Exploring Ambassador, U.S.S. Sentinel seemed like a good name.
I've seen at least 2 or 3 USS Sentinels before I picked the name. It was what made me hestitate; I expected to see more. But in the end, it was the best option from my other ideas. Based on the background of the character, I also considered USS Nigh****ch (as a reference to Babylon 5), USS Sleep Dealer (reference to the movie as well as the all Vulcan crew with their nerve pinch) and USS Watchman (as reference to Watchmen, obviously).

Funny, I think every Ferengi has or had a USS Acquisition at a point. I know... well, one Ferengi without that name, lol My RA still has the USS Tongo Parlour, and might get a sister ship, USS Dom'Jot one day. My Ferengi tac had the USS Obscene Wealth and USS Eternal Greed before the USS Moral Bankruptcy. Still searching for good names for the T4 and 5 ships... I fear USS Grand Nagus Gint won't fit in. :-/