View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-19-2010, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
I know huh? And it sure is a good thing that the Star Trek TV shows were never like that, huh?

"This is the commander of the USS Enterprise. All cities and installations on Eminiar Seven have been located, identified, and fed into our fire control system. In one hour and forty-five minutes the entire inhabited surface of your planet will be destroyed. You have that long to surrender your hostages." - LCDR Scott, A Taste of Armageddon.
Your proof is a bluff that Scotty and Kirk used to show these people the true horror of war? Wow... just wow.

Seeing your avatar lets me assume that you at least watched TNG and DS9. TNG was almost entirely made of diplomatic contacts with only a few exceptions. DS9 is another story. Diplomacy broke down and they showed us the extreme.

Besides STO is currently very untrek like in my opinion. The devs acknowledged it and we will be getting a diplomacy solution soon. And then everyone can play what they want. Shoot em up or being diplomatic.

I don't see any reason why our two camps can't get along. The minority doesn't like the new movie. Accept it please. We have as much a right to our opinions as everyone else does.

I am loving the non combat missions and am gratefull that more are coming soon. The devs listened to those of us who wanted diplomacy in the game and they're implementing it now.