View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-24-2010, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Mink
Honestly, barring any craziness surrounding the additional functionality, while I think Atari/Cryptic could have handled this a little better, there's not a lot to say against the idea of the Galaxy-X as a reward. That being said, if much more iconic ships (such as the Nebula, Excelsior, possibly even the NX refit) end up being exclusive rewards for out-of-game actions? That would... not be a really good idea. One is enough, more would be hard to justify. I'm pretty sure there won't be anything to worry about, though. Cryptic most likely won't make those ships, which have many more people clamoring for them, some sort of out-of-game exclusive.
This, is sort of the issue I have taken with this. It is not just that it is being offered. But that it is the only modified lower-tier ship that will be available at all for the foreseeable future.

Were 'upgraded' Galaxy-Class ship available as tier 5 ships would I be quite so.. upset? No, not really. It is the fact that there is a noticeable -absence- of iconic, canonical ships at the endgame. Now, I understand that some people do like the stylized and created ships that cryptic has populated tier 5 with. But I don't. I want to captain the ships I have seen on the shows, the movies and not just toss them aside when I reach the end of the game.

So that is what upsets me the most. The galaxy-x itself? Meh? But it is the fact that is is the only pseudo-upgradeable ships that will be available for the foreseeable future. If Cryptic/Atari had introduced this after some sort of possible upgrade system, I would not mind that much at all.