View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-24-2010, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_collective View Post
Ok, first of all, flamers. Please go slit your throats.
If you have nothing constructive to say dont say anything at all. I have no interest in "they cant do this" or "Why would you want to" type responses from the community.
Not exactly the most graceful way to start a thread. Is it just me, or are you equating "someone disagrees with me" to "someone is flaming me"? I'm pretty sure that you basically opened up with flame bait.

Here's a piece of constructive advice: If someone disagrees with you, shrug it off. It's not the end of the world, and no one's attacking you by simply having a differing opinion. People are going to disagree with you. A wise man once said "you can please all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time."

Now, if they were to be abusive, like calling you names or openly taunting you, that's another thing. If someone does call you names and openly taunt you, do not respond. Just report the post. If you respond with something like "please go slit your throat" then you're likely to get an infraction too. I'm not trying to moderate here, just trying to offer some friendly advice.

On to the rest of your post. Take it from someone who is a professional video game developer (just not for Cryptic). There is nothing that DirectX10 can do that DirectX9 cannot do with minimal loss of performance over DirectX9. As for DirectX11, it does not really offer anything that would actually benefit STO much all. They'd have to completely change the way you interact with the world to get much benefit from either DirectX10 or DirectX11.