Thread: Klingon Content
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-25-2010, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
While this might all be true, I am not convinced that a Startrek player really expected to learn about a plot by the "Borg Government" to install one of their candidates on a neutral planet so that planet would join them.
Or about Borg looking for artifacts of their 3rd Dynasty. Or the Venexians whose religion seems to be to fear the return of their god and as a result turn every religious site from other races (even Hirogen!) into theirs, forcing me to kill countless of pilgrims...

There is also a large number of carnivorous plants that seem to emit energy readings we can detect from orbit, but which seem utterly harmless when you stand next to them. And don't forget that evil Phonians that would weaponize a plant or would sneakily beam close to debris from a sensor probe to lure us into a clever trap (well, that's what my tactical claims is one option). "That's their plan? Wile E. Coyote could come up with a better plan" [/Astronut]

The content leaves a lot to be desired. Just be glad about the easy XP for killing tribbles or the fun space combat stuff. And hope for the time they are improving their Genesis system to create better stories.
I don't mind the easy xp from a pure gaming standpoint. I wouldn't even mind at all if these were Federation missions (it's more along their lines to do the delicate gardening, to have a Betazoid delve deep into the psyche of a tribble and get to the root of its Klingon-phobia on a teeny tiny leather couch. Like Frasier, but in space).

What drives me nuts is that it's Klingon-side. Worf vs Hamtaro does not give you a heroic feeling.

What prompted me to post was that I had 6 missions in a row that went like this:

Plants
Tribbles
Plants
Tribbles
Tribble breeding station in space
Little green midgets whose guns were way bigger than them (it felt like Predator Vs Kindergarten Cop)

And I though to myself: "Um..Qapla'?"

If the plants spat poison or something, that would be a major improvement. Or if they had some sort of confusion-aura effect.

If they were giant saber-toothed tribbles...maybe. With laser eyes. Synnibarr-style.