View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 37
06-06-2010, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
Missions onboard your ship have been a topic of much debate among the dev team since the beginning of the project.

We really want to do them, but everything we do has to be formatted for a team. In the case of an Episode, that's up to five players.

Say an alien virus gets loose on your ship and starts affecting your crew. That's great if you're solo, but what if you're on a team? Is it your ship? Your teammate's ship? The team leader's ship?

We're always looking for new ways to deliver content, and we are looking for fun, workable solutions to quandries such as this. So it's not out of the realm of possibility, but we can't put a date on it.
Hey Kes, I will happily play interior missions as solo content, if that's the price for missions aboard my ship.

I think the same goes for anything that could be developed regarding BOff story arcs. These should probably be private missions, for you and your BOffs alone. In fact, I think it's better that way.

Sure, it's an MMO, and social gaming is important, but a lot of us prefer solo content as well. You guys gave us the STFs and Fleet Actions (which are only for groups) and all of the main story-line missions can be done in groups, so I think it's perfectly ok to go the opposite way on some missions and design content that we can only enjoy solo as well.