View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-09-2010, 10:40 AM
for me at least, I view this situation with uniforms coming to the C-Store as a very good thing for those customers who wanted the items but for whatever reason weren't able to get them earlier. For the people who already paid a lot of money for these items, this is situation has no bearing on you.

You all made your deals with cryptic at the time of your purchases of the game, you wanted the different specialty items and cryptic let you have them for a price. Now that Cryptic has decided to let other people have them 3 months later at a lower price (which they are extremely entitled to do because all of the items are owned and designed by them) whatever the other customers do has absolutely no bearing on you pre-order people. The prices you paid to get all the items are now what economists and accountants call "Sunk Costs" because the money is gone, you can't get it back, and there is no changing that.

My advice is to just worry about yourself and your account and whatever specialty items you purchased earlier and enjoy them, just because others got them at a reduced price doesn't mean that they aren't still valuable to the people that pre-ordered multiple copies of the game specifically for the items.