View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-12-2010, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Spartan View Post
I think it is wrong to offer "exclusive" and special "preorder items" for sale in the store - ever. It is a slap in the face of the people that took the big risk and invested early and in some cases big-time into the franchise.

This is supposedly a creative enterprise so why not create other stuff and sell it?
I agree wholeheartedly. Or..... I propose Cryptic introduce these items with slight variations.

The items don't even have to be created from the scratch. Why not make "variations" of the pre-order/collectors items and put them into C-Store, instead of having the same items available? That would certainly appease both the collectors and the C-Store fanatics.

The nature of variations can be anything, fro a slight name change, stats variation, or even a color change. I say that doesn't offend any collectors out there AND is still available for the C-Store fanatics who want those items as well.

Those slight changes don't require much work from Cryptic. Use the same models for the items. Just a small variations to differentiate the items acquired via Pre-Order/Collectors to those from C-Store.