View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-12-2010, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
I agree that these items should be available by other means, but the C-Store is NOT an option as it will alienate and pi$$ people off who worked hard to get said item. By offering it for a few hundred (or even a few thousand) CP, Cryptic would be shooting themselves once again in the foot. I am an advocate of the Vet program, though. It would award long-term players without annoying too many people. Reading through (and even posting in) several of this type of thread, there are lots of people who are willing to share their toys, but not for free or cheap.

But, of course, that is MY opinion.
Hear, Hear. I'm still trying to do things "the Cryptic way" but am having little success. C-Store Definitely is not the solution here. Vet Program seems viable though. Just make it for 500/600 Days, or higher, don't think they've gone that high for vet rewards yet... The Referral Program could have been planned out better. Cryptic seems to have evaded the key theme of success: MAKE EVERYTHING WORK FIRST BEFORE ADDING MORE STUFF THAT DOESN'T WORK. It's not rocket science people.

Now, as for trying things the way Cryptic wants, I have friends who are interested, they just either don't have systems capable of supporting it, they have already inputted a retail key [ by the way Cryptic, in my opinion, your next concern should be getting the referral system to be backwards compatable so our friends that already own the game can input our keys and we can input theirs. but no, that makes too much sense...] , they have recieved the key but don't plan on doing anything with it anytime soon, or they can't afford it.

Anyway, here's my two bits and rant.