View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-14-2010, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devistator View Post
um, just thought i would puth this fourth.... "Thats The Point, it's not suposed to be easy".
No, you obviously did not actually THINK when writing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devistator View Post
getting the Galaxy X through refferals is a reward for promoting the game, not an entitlement.
and if you could get it with cpoints or it was easy, everyone would have it. and there would be no reason to work twards anything. the galaxy x is probly the one thing worth working twards when it comes to in-game items.
it is more than fair. and on top of that you don't have to have even 5 diehard trek friends to make this work, just ask around... i mean i managed to get 3 people to sub for a month just to give it a try and mabe get them away from orld of worcrap for a change(at least for a bit.) they aren't trekies, they aren't sci-fi fans and are obsessed with wow, so, really, take it as it is. btw, your young....

c'mon people what's the problem with actualy having to try for something, if it were an entitlement instead of a reward for promoting the game they would have already said it will be in the c-store.

as i see it, issues like this only arise when people who are upset they didn't pre-order because they dont' get the exclusive's or find out there is a bonus that they can't have because of one reason or the other, they whine and complain just for the shear fact that they like what it is and refuse to take part in an action that would benifit the game/company in anyway saying " i bought the game and am paying monthly fee's , now give me everything everyone else has."
what a waist of inteligence.
You, like just about everyone like you miss the vital point of our complaints:

1.) WE already brought everyone we could with us when this game launched. thats what friends usually do - start a game (an mmo anyway...) together.
Now, many of those have left after discovering just how much a borefest this game really is (and nothing has changed in sto to retract that judgement) and are NOT coming back. Even if we tried, they already have their accounts set up.and we won't get credit.

2.) Buddy keys. Oh yes. Lets not count the effective refferals from those things.. that will not make people angry in the slightest.

3.) Its incredibly unfair to those people who simply are not in the position to con (err... refer...) 5 people into this game.
The choice of a fully functioning, fan favorite ship that offers several special abilities is the main reason this is such an hotly discussed issue.

On top of a heckload of crpytic points they add a structurally (cloak, cannons, special weapon) superior ship.
Its not just a ship skin, or a slight modification of what everyone else has. Its a complete and total departure from what everyone else gets. Not to mention the fluff related (cloaks!!!!) problems it has:
Why can this ship mounts heavy cannons when everyone else is locked out?

4.) They cou'd have added a multitude of things instead a whole freaking ship.

a transwarp ability thats lets you choose the destination?
a boost to sectorspace speed?
eternally free respecs?
Bonus free play time?
Get all pre order perks and items? After all, those were done right - no major impact on the game.

I'd really like to see if the reffered people actually stay on longer than a month/60 days gtc time.

My suspicion is: they won't. Since they are no real referrals but a select number of people who forked over ~ 150$ to get this huge, 3 naccelled MacGuffn.

Job well done cryptic, bill ropers influence is strong in you.