View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 115
06-15-2010, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Well, Pariahterra suggested above that maybe it's the word "canon" that is keeping the guide from being stickied, as it may be necessary for CBS to approve of the selections made themselves.

Of course, they would be all colored in the "canon" fashion as the series uniforms are. I would just avoid using the word "canon" in the title.

Maybe I could just add a disclaimer to this guide that these are not officially "canon" until declared so by the owners of the IP and that they are merely the consensus of the game community as to what appears closest to "canon" colors.

Oh, I wasn't concerned about canon, I just wanted to make sure that's what you were doing... I mean, when you say a guide for what "I think looks good," you might be thinking that neon green and pink look good. And as good as they do look together, I think people would expect a canon-based guide from you, based on this thread. That's all. I mean, if you DO want to do a guide, with all the craziest colors you can think of, then go right ahead :p Just make it clear that it's your own opinions, rather than a guide to using "canon" colors on the new uniforms.

I think that the whole "calling this canon prevents it from being officially recognized" argument is somewhat silly, but given that CBS had a hand in everything down to turbolift door labels, I wouldn't put it past them.