View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-16-2010, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUX426 View Post
That's not true and the fact is, they DID sell and market stuff as "exclusives"!

I know several people who paid for multiple copies/keys so they could have all the "exclusive" stuff. They're collectors and fans and they wanted the tribble, the points, the ship, the NX, the Borg etc etc. They bought ALL of it because they wanted to collect it all and they paid for multiple copies of the box and digital copies specifically to receive these EXCLUSIVE items.

To sell something as an "exclusive" just months ago (still even considering original boxes are still on some shelves) and now, just 6 months into the games life, is FOOLISH from a business standpoint. They've just PO'd the very people who invested more than anyone else into their company.

I'm sorry, but this was a tremendous error on Cryptics part for some cheap easy cash...they sold out their biggest fans.
Just let it go guys. Money can be earned. And before any of you accuse me saying that I didn't buy more than one copy of the game for the exclusives. /buzz wrong!