View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 116
06-16-2010, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
Oh, I wasn't concerned about canon, I just wanted to make sure that's what you were doing... I mean, when you say a guide for what "I think looks good," you might be thinking that neon green and pink look good. And as good as they do look together, I think people would expect a canon-based guide from you, based on this thread. That's all. I mean, if you DO want to do a guide, with all the craziest colors you can think of, then go right ahead :p Just make it clear that it's your own opinions, rather than a guide to using "canon" colors on the new uniforms.

I think that the whole "calling this canon prevents it from being officially recognized" argument is somewhat silly, but given that CBS had a hand in everything down to turbolift door labels, I wouldn't put it past them.
I should be finished with the 25th century uniforms very soon. You will probably like the fact that most of them are actually matched to the colors as they are worn by NPCs in the game, which makes them truly canon (that is assuming CBS considers those canon). For some there are many variations or there are no NPCs in the game that wear them. In those cases I just picked the colors that looked most like something that could have been worn in one of the series.

As for whether this thread is officially recognized or not no longer matters to me. My time here is short now. I will not go into the whys and wherefores in this thread.