View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-19-2010, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
I ran a few "eyeball" tests and really couldn't see a difference, but I haven't run a comprehensive test yet. The main reason I used the EPS flow regulator was so that after dropping out of full impulse it took less time for my power to come back. That way I didn't have to wait for a few more seconds before entering the battle.

Also, I had started testing with it in for the first few tests and then didn't want to change anything up for the rest of the tests. In retrospect, I should have used 2 MK VIII EPS flow regulators to take even the chance of it effecting energy regen out of the equation (by having more than sufficient EPS flow installed).

I can say with fairly high confidence that I don't believe the EPS flow makes a difference for beams. Because cannon energy regen is, in my opinion, bugged it may still help there. If you put a gun to my head and made me give an answer, I'd have to say that I currently don't think it makes a difference. I intended to run a test just to be sure, but I was so burned out on testing that I had to take a break and actually play the game for a while. Maybe I can try to get to it today.
Take your Time and enjoy the game for a while... You more than deserve this!

As far as my subjective experience goes, I would agree that EPS doesn't make a difference any more.

Of course if swapping energy level -modes during battle is part of your strategy, they are still important. Or if you want to drop out of full impulse and start to fight right away...

But for damage this consoles seem not to be important any more... I use the free slots for better resistance and hull repair