View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 1058
06-19-2010, 06:04 AM
My first ship was called the U.S.S. Bravery, because I wanted my little ship and crew to have a good name to live up to, which they proved at Vega.

Then when I was promoted and got a cruiser, that was named the U.S.S Paragon, because I wanted it to also live up to its name and be a paragon example of Federation ideals and goodness.

The next ship which was a heavy cruiser was called the U.S.S. Paladin. It sounded similar to the previous ship name, so I wasn't sure at first if I should go for it, but the definition for Paladin was "fighter for a cause" so I thought it suited the ship quite well and sounded cool when Admiral T'nae said it.

My current ship is a Galaxy class exploration cruiser called the U.S.S. Meridian. I like the word "meridian", which means "a period of greatest prosperity, splendor, success, etc. or pinnacle of achievement" so it has a pretty fitting name as well, because I was aiming for that Galaxy class and now I got it!

The greatest challenge has been trying to think up ship names that sound cool but that isn't likely to have already taken. I was considering names like "Valiant" and such, but definitely have seen tons of those in the game by multiple people.