View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-20-2010, 09:40 AM
Great thread, this and the original. Glad to see so many errors in one place.

I will say, however, that Miranda class ships are generally modular, and it's not inconceivable that they would have minor variations from canon (http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Miranda...esign_variants). We are 30 years ahead of the latest canon version of the Miranda, so they would probably get upgrades of some sort.

Same basic idea applies to some of the other canon items listed. A lot of them involve windows... ships can have different window types, do these errors apply to all window types, or just the ones used on screen? (I mean: most ships on screen have rectangular thing windows, but we can choose to put round ones on our ships. Are the round window placements also incorrect?)

Speaking of windows, maybe the in game Nova class just has the lights turned off?

Also, the "canon" inconsistencies between steamrunner and zephyr don't really apply, in my opinion. Although the Zephyr is an updated steamrunner, it's still a different class.

Anyways, sorry to nitpick a little, I'm just curious about these things. Great thread, I approve!