View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-25-2010, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishka
How so?

People that got it by recruiting 5 people received 2k cryptic points, several other really cool goodies AND this ship for free.
If they bought 5 accounts just to access this ship they're also getting 50 dollars worth of cryptic points.
They also have 5 friends or family members playing the game now and adding more fun to the game because of that.

On the other hand people that didn't take the time and effort to recruit 5 more people have to pay for the ship and don't get it free.

Both ways are legit if you ask me and the first way is far more profitable then the 2nd, so personally I don't really see the problem.
The value of buying the Galaxy in the C-Store and getting it in the referral program is not equal. $50 of cryptic points is not equal to the average $300 in total gained from 5 referrals.

Several of my referrals are from family and friends who tried the game, liked it but didn't have the spare change, so I bought them a copy and time card. And I'm sure I'm not the only one seeing I saw someone mention they actually gave out the games as a reward to come contest or something. $50 of cryptic points does not match the value of the time and money I spent.

So unless you need about $250 of Cryptic Points to get the Galaxy X, it is a smack in the face to those who participated in said referral program.