View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 55
06-27-2010, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezhno View Post
'Cluster' is certainly one way to put it. Up to this point I've never been disappointed or let down with Cryptic. In my personal experiences they've always done well so I have faith that some kind of resolution can be reached here. Time will tell. I say we at least give them the chance.

I love this company... I really do! And I love CO (taking a break from STO to give it some time to develop)...

And I'm sorry, but I saw it all going down well before it did... It's like a train wreck in slow motion... And it's all caused by the marketing department...

When the CO Lifetime sub came out, I KNEW that Cryptic had made a big mistake... I saw STO closed beta access and I knew they couldn't allow that... Not from point one.... I saw MU uniforms and knew STO fanbase would rage... It wasn't hard to foresee what was about to occur... I saw it in August...

Then the STO preorder "exclusives" came out, and I was stunned... Virtually every importent canon uniform was tied to an "exclusive" purchase... And the Connie... All encouraging multiple purchases... Everything "core" Trek was being attached to specific deals... But I knew that wouldn't, COULDN'T, hold up... Not with the rabid Trek community that exists... Not the CORE stuff, for goshsake!

In my mind, it was stupid from point one and could only end up in rage... All from very poor marketing decisions...

And, in my mind, I feel, and have always felt since before this even started, that the only way Cryptic will save some amount of face and loyalty from the folks they were going to upset was to give some sort of compensation...

But newp... They ignore those who played into their marketers hands and bought multiple copies and supported the game pre-launch while rewarding those who bought multiple discounted copies on Ebay...

The biggest rages I've seen in either CO or STO have been the direct result of poor marketing decisions...

Like I said, I love this company; but I'm feeling kinda sad at the course they've chosen to take...