View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 56
07-06-2010, 07:18 AM
Great tool, PatricianVetinari!

BTW, I noticed you hosted the spreadsheet at Google Docs, but for whatever reason you can't actually view it through there. As an alternative, I'd suggest uploading it to Microsoft's SkyDrive (which comes with every Live account) and making it publicly accessible through Office Web Apps. Because it's online and viewable through a web browser, users no longer need a spreadsheet application installed (great for smartphones!). It'll be easier for users too since they only have to click on a link instead of having to manually download a ZIP file and open the spreadsheet, and the side bonus is that you can update the file as needed and users will automatically access the most recently updated version without ever having to repeat a download. I highly recommend giving it a try. It's a really awesome way to share documents. I uploaded the spreadsheet to my own personal SkyDrive storage and based on some quick testing, everything appears to work fine.

As a side note, Office Web Apps is sooooo much better than Google Docs. It's one of the very few areas where MS is kicking Google's ass.