View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 58
07-07-2010, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritium4ever View Post
...instead of having to manually download a ZIP file and open the spreadsheet ...I highly recommend giving [Office Web Apps] a try...
I have the file zipped because I didn't want Google Docs displaying it natively. Mostly because the Google version negatively alters some of the sheet's aesthetic design, specifically the help text and some of the field titles.

Also, I'm a download/save-as kind of guy. I'm just old school that way, I guess.

When I originally posted it for sharing on Google, I picked them because I knew I could generically host a file there that anyone could grab. I didn't take time to find a proper "file sharing host" (I know there are many out there). And since updating, I still haven't. No one has seemed to mind or have any other problems with it.

That said, I'm always open to suggestion. I had never heard of Office Web Apps. I'll look into it when I get a chance, thanks! Glad you're enjoying it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark_Nexen
Ok sorry for being a noob, but i cannot open the document, it opens in google docs as a zip file, i have tried to hit open, download, and export all fail to do anything, i see it in my google docs now as a zip file but cannot use it. please help
Well now there we go. I too had a problem. Seems somehow my posted link got "dinged" and isn't working right. I rezipped and uploaded the file for v2.2.0. There's a new link, fixed in the posts above, or you can:

[Give this a click] Edit: Old Link Removed. See first post in this thread for current link.

Quark, you should be taken to a Google Doc screen with a link in the center to download the document. There should not be a need to sign on. Click that and a window should pop up prompting you to Open, Save, Cancel. Go with Save, put in on your computer, then explore to it and open the file.