View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 110
07-13-2010, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galtrovan View Post
What is the monthly fee for then? I expect to get all game content for the price of the monthly sub.

Why do gamers these days accept the double dip?
I'd suggest that more people accepted it when it first started (no idea what game did it first) or at least enough to make it profitable that it got pushed from a test to a fully workable model. Almost all games now come with a multiplayer aspect, some are purely multiplayer, but in the past you would have to rely on the mod scene to bring out custom stuff.

Expansion packs that add vast amounts of things I don't think anyone minds paying for too much but when in-game items start costing the price of an expansion or even half an expansion of other games it's too much for me. I paid for the Galaxy X because I like the ship and I figured a one-time thing for a unique ship was ok and it would help them bring more things out. Unfortunately it seems to have backfired and things like polls will take on a whole new meaning to me now. I won't be voting, I'm not going to be fooled into saying what they can expect to make money with next. Once is enough to make me learn.