View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslan_chShran View Post
If the C-Store had started like that, sure I can buy it. But the game is only months old and it's slowly switching from every time being "account wide" to being "character specific" which is where I draw the line and find their tactics to be bordering on disgusting. If I'm wrong and tons of stuff keep coming out that is "account wide" then I will eat my words but to me this is the start of THEM testing the waters on how much we, the players, would be willing to shell out.

They tried it with the $25 doll Galaxy X and it seems like from the # of Galaxy X's I have seen that was a win for their marketing department, and has followed suit with raising the prices slightly and making things character specific to milk more money out of us (which I was HAPPY to do to improve the game I love when it was account specific).
It's NOT switching bfrom "Everything Account Wide" to "Everything Per Character" at all. Seriously, the ONLY things that are character only atm (aside from renames and respecs which do make sense; and which other MMOs charge $15.00 per character on - WoW in particular) at of today are:

Extra BO slots (and BOs DO take up a fair amout of storage space so $2.50 a pop imo is reasonable)
Extra Ship slots (see above)
Extra Costume slots (and on this one I actually agree - it shopuld be account with as costume data ain't that much)

EVERYTHING ELSE is STILL account wide. So sorry, I don't see hoe 3 new items that are per character suddenly = EVERYTHING going per character.

IMO - people need to learn to pick their battles and noyt go into major nerdrage hyperbole on EVERY change Crytic does to the C-Store or the game - and lately no matter what they do, that's what's been happening. It's getting ridiculous.