View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-19-2010, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillingMeSoftly
I assume you're asking about Torpedo Launchers... yep, it does!

I agree with you that it's an advantage, but it's not a combat advantage. It's also something we'll be shelling out cash over (but is NOT the selling point, unlike the Cloak with Galaxy-X). Now, I don't want to get into a debate about C-Store practices and morals; but it really has no impact on combat performance and to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a similar feature for everyone in the future. Being able to set one's Transwarp point to a specific starbase is something people have been wanting for a while -- with the Excelsior's Transwarp Drive, it's caused that topic to resurface. I don't want the Excelsior's combat performance impacted over something that can very likely change in a couple patches.
IIRC, it's a benefit of the new Federation Diplomacy stuff that you can gain different transwarp destinations. So the Excelsior would basically a "bundle" - get a ship and get this feature that you can already gain by in-game activities, too. The latter part is basically what many people have been asking for C-Store items, right?