View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 41
07-23-2010, 01:43 AM
I have reduced using the mouse cursor in the game to a minimum, that actually helped. I also stopped doing one action right after another, just what you said with using the mouse to scroll the camera in space and then choosing a battery and move it into the device slot of my ship.

However, I found another half-way solution to get around the lag for most of the time (not all the time though). I just quit the game, wait for five minutes, and re-enter the game. That does the trick for the most part and then I can keep playing for much longer than 10 minutes before the lag starts again, sometimes many hours ... and that's enuff for me, I don't play for the entire day, I just wanna play 2 or 3 hours if I got spare time. If the second launch doesn't work, I'm doing a third one, a fourth one ... just until the problem is solved.

So, with other words, since I was able to find a way around these lags by myself, I'll be staying in STO for now, I just hope the lag doesn't strike back soon with no chance to escape.