View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 33
12-07-2008, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miqrogroove View Post
Sorry Cryptic, but at this time STO is still vaporware to me. It's fun to chat about once in a while and maybe re-watch the trailer every couple of months. But we are well into the 21st century and for such a large project to have PR consisting of a forum, a few screenshots every 6 weeks, and "The game is expected to enter public beta testing in 2006 and to launch by early 2007" is not inspiring of trust.
You're blaming Cryptic for beta and release announcements that Perpetual Entertainment couldn't meet? They are two completely different companies and two completely different STO projects. This STO that Cryptic is working on has absolutely nothing to do with PE's STO project so please don't confuse the two.

As for the concerns about Blizzard taking the prize away from Cryptic I wouldn't be so sure. As a long time MMORPG.com member I can tell you that the community over there is very anti-WoW. Most view WoW's impact on the MMO industry as a very negative influence as they blame it for all that is wrong with MMO's today. I personally think that Cryptic has a strong chance of winning.

As for voting for STO I did that the day the poll went up long before this announcement.

Bren