View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 37
12-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomRedshirt View Post
Did I say it was horrible? No I did not, and I will thank you not to put words in my mouth.

What I have been asking though, since the top of this thread is why Cryptic announced they would be hiring a veteran writer (Las Vegas Convention) and then, turn, do a 180, and hire someone who has never written Trek in their life.
That's just straight out false - they didn't turn and hire her... Check your facts. She was already there. Additionally, they didn't offer this writer a lead seat... my guess is Christine or one of the team would still be in charge of content writing. How do you know they haven't hired an expert in the field or two, it's just not famous content writers that you were expecting?

Sounds to me like your just barking this stuff out. I don't see a single thing of relevance in your claim. They're making an MMO not a new series.... Jack didn't say enough to warrant your assumptions. If they didn't take on any writers yet, I'm sure there is still time if they need them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomRedshirt View Post
Does not matter if she is hard working or a lazy bum. Does not matter if she is the greatest person on the planet, or the worst. That is not the matter at hand. The matter at hand is Jack made it clear he intended to bring in someone who is familiar with Trek, and has written Trek before, in order to make sure the game would "feel" Trek. Now it seems they have tossed that concern out the window. Makes me wonder what other things about this game are being considered inconsequential and therefore will get tossed to make this game work.
Hmmm... I'm not sure what your getting at, but you just repeated yourself and threw in your solid and lengthy conclusions that this will now not feel like Trek.

So I guess they should have hired you, since I'm certain you have enough zeal to keep this accurate.
Better brush up on your writing skills though.