View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 125
12-09-2008, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkie View Post
Although it is slightly disappointing to know that the game probably won't come out until 2010, I hope that this is a positive move for Cryptic Studios!
Posts from AWEN:

Quote:
Hi there! I hadn't planned to introduce myself like this, but when in Rome... I'm Nicole or Awen whichever you choose to use. I am the lead community representative for Star Trek Online. (Just started last week so unfortunately I haven't had a lot of time to get to know all of you yet.) I'd like to answer some of the questions that you may have right now about this announcement.

The first thing that you should know is that it will be business as usual for Cryptic Studios. We still haven't announced a release date for STO and most likely will not do so for awhile. We like to keep the mystery building.

Basically, this acquisition allows Cryptic to really focus on making these games even better. Our goals are so closely aligned with those of Atari's new direction, that it accelerates our plans to independantly develop and operate really great games.

Overall, you probably won't see alot of changes, but I want to assure you that we're moving on the same track that we were yesterday and things are good.

Quote:
I see a recurring theme here. The game has not been pushed back. We are still aiming for a Fall 2009 release. I hope that this quiets your fears.

I want to let you know that this acquisition doesn't affect the design or timeline for Star Trek Online. It just means that we have the resources we need to get a good game out the door.
Quote:
As a gamer, I understand the initial panic that alot of you may be feeling. I've felt it myself a few times in the past, believe me. However, I can assure you that we are heading toward the same goal that we were yesterday in terms of Star Trek Online. Things are continuing completely as they were. It's a good design and a great team. Everything is on course.