View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 37
08-04-2010, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
*pling*

use them for the BORG!
The Borg seriously need more varied ship designs if they ever become a playable Faction.
It still boggles me why people want to play the borg. I mean the borg borg and not liberated like Hugh.

Playing a borg is completely antithetic to the entire MO of the borg. Players are chaotic and disorderly, bumping into each other, racing to steal cluster anomalies from each other, and unable to properly coordinate CE fleet actions on the fly because someone always comes in and kills it for the rest. The borg are orderly and seek perfection (despite their chaotic and sloppy looking architecture and costuming and use of inferior organic parts). It would never cause two separate ships to race to get the only anomaly within 2 light years, bring a new ship into a fleet action only to have its inexperienced crew ruin it for the rest of the collective, or throw a plasma grenade onto its brethren to hit a single enemy.

It seems to me what people want to play are liberated borg like Hugh or General Korok except in a more antagonistic role to Starfleet and the KDF and not an actual part of the collective. (Which would consist of nothing more than logging in and watching the collective order your character around in synchronisation with thousands of others.) Playing a single member of a collective would be no better than playing a single toe on a Klingon's foot, any free thinking on the part of the drone would end up with it being reconditioned or disassembled for spares.