View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 180
08-05-2010, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Nice. Impressive number of uniforms for a single character. You outdid me.
Yeah. I've got a a couple of mild OCDs. One is for point of detail, which is why I like your Guide so much. The other is a tendency to Collect Things. Poof - Instant Completist. One of Each For Me, ya know? At least on some things. I've managed to focus myself to virtual collections (saves money, heh compared to say when I used to collect Comics, Action Figures, and other useless brik-a-brak. ). So in STO, it turns out I've got a hankerin' for the Uniforms. I can't tell ya how happy I am that they made the Costume mod affect one's full account. Cuz I can has the other colors (Sci/Eng) on my alternates (who are in other Professions, naturally), and that satisfies my craziness. I still need to get that Alternate Gray TNG and I think a couple others, but I'm pacing myself. >Insert Mad Hatter Crazy Laugh< Ahem.

Anywho...

Quote:
...The most common uniform worn by NPC "lemmings" (I assume by this you mean the ones that have no function other than to walk around and fill space) is the A-02 uniform.
Yes, thems the Lemmings to which I so lovingly refer. I know the real life rodent charges in packs to suicide (or was that a myth >shrug< ), but there used to be a game a couple decades ago called Lemmings and the little pixeled dudes would just blindly walk back-n-forth. The first time I watched one of my Space-Filling-Crew walk mindlessly to and fo across a corridor, I immediately thought Lemmings! So cool, A-02. That might be what I have for them already. Next time I'm at the tailor I'll make sure. Thank you!

Quote:
The WoK uniform has a set rank of Captain. It cannot be changed as it is actually part of the uniform, not a separate piece. The rank on that uniform has always looked a bit messed up. It is not supposed to look like that. Hopefully when the devs get around to creating a full set of ranks for that uniform, they will fix that as well.
Ah, ok, so it wasn't just me. Thanks for explaining. Yeah, hopefully, "someday" they'll fix it. In fact, someone opened a thread about it earlier today.

Quote:
The Veteran uniform did not come with a bonus costume slot. I haven't officially got a slot for it yet, but I have it Saved for later use.
Drat. They do that on purpose ya know? Hmm... I guess I'll have to buy a couple more slots when I hit 200.

Quote:
Grats on reaching VA! I haven't yet done the coding for the VA uniform. I'm not quite there yet. I should be able to get there within the next week. When I do, I assure you that uniform will be added to the guide.
Thanks. Sweet! Don't rush. Enjoy the skill points while ya still gets 'em! I'll be waiting patiently. The nice thing is, the VA1 promotion comes with 1 uniform slot, so your new jacket can go there.

Quote:
I do plan on adding both the Formal Wear and the Mercenary uniforms to the guide. I'll have to see them first to see what real canon outfits they resemble, but I've got lots of ideas from TNG and VOY for them color-wise.
Right on! That's what I'd hope you'd say! How much ya wanna bet, we pay to unlock these unis and they won't come with a costume slot, you'll have to buy that separately.

Now I haven't seen it, but I understand that as Ambassador in the FDC we unlock a new uniform. Is that true, do you know?