View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-07-2010, 11:40 PM
I like it too. Perhaps there could be repair stations as well. Like the one we saw in the ENT episode Dead stop. And either it was perhaps just a repair station, not like the one in that episode that kidnapped your cew members and replaced them with dead lookalikes. Or perhaps it WOULD do so, and there would be a mission surrounding it, in this case exactly what the ENT crew went through in that episode, and you'd have to figure out how to solve it like they did.

The only thing I don't like about this is having your ship sitting idly there, not being able to move until someone (if it happens) responds to your distress call. Could it be like dying in other MMO's, you can choose to either have your ship be destroyed and respawn, or for someone to come along and "resurrect" you.

And, I'm guessing a distress call is a last resort. I mean, can't the distress call do exactly the opposite of what is intended. You let someone know you're a sitting duck, and having than render aid they can come pillage your ship, then take strip it and sell the parts, and sell the crew into slavery.