View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
I disagree. The issues with ground combat would still be there in a first person view. So the feel of the combat, other than aesthetics which would wear off pretty quickly, would remain the same.

The holds ... the quick kills ... the maps ... the shooting through walls ... all of those ground PVP issues would still exist. They might be worse in first person view since your view gets limited.

The NPCs, the shooting through shields, the dual pistol and auto assault spam would all still be there in ground PVE.

The kits would still be the same. Ground powers would all still be the same. Orbital Strike would still be weak. The delay for breaking holds with hypos would still be there and still get bugged. Swordmasters would still cuisinart you.

The screenshots look great. But they won't change what's wrong with ground combat. They'll just let you see it differently.

I agree that the issues would still be there with many of the things you listed. I do not believe though, that this change is in response to trying to fix those bugs. It is to try to change the game play so that it does not feel like a cheap knock off of WoW which this would definitely do.