View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-09-2010, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ****tor View Post
I don't know... it's canon that he shouldn't be customizable, after all.
By that token, ALL bridge officers shouldn't be customiseable, since you can't alter a person's skin colour, height, build, etc.

Except, of course, you can - same with the Borg Bridge Officer. Not the 'accolade' one, though - that's logical, though, since the new STO borg are way too inhuman (too many missing limbs/organs) to customise them with regular humanoid bits.

And specifically regarding the Photonic Officer, by all logic, it should be the EASIEST to customise, since it's just a case of tweaking his/her appearance settings in the ship's computer or their mobile emitter. Considering the occasions where Joe Schmullus/Schweitzer (geddit? ) disguised himself by doing exactly that, it's not beyond the realms of possibility to suggest that we could do the same to ours in-game.

Besides, not all EMHs or similar are based on the same template - see the EMH Mk. II from 'Message in a Bottle', or the attempt at a Bashir hologram in 'Doctor Bashir, I Presume?'. By extension, we should be able to chose which 'real life' person our hologram is based on - i.e., alter their appearance when we receive them.