# 230
08-12-2010, 07:25 AM
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2
The tier 1 Connie has several Unique abilities-

It is the only Tier 1 Ship w/ 20% More HP

It is the only Tier 1 Ship with 2 Eng Console Slots

It is the only ship with Scalable phasers

- It is also a D2D / Preorder (which I forget) so its a perk for buying it at a particular time/place - Like I mentioned, adding the D2D perks (like the Connie, uniforms, auto defense battery etc) to the CS is acceptable imo.

Which made it quite limited and not everyone could get one. But it required at least a $60 investment, not a measly few bucks.

Precisely, should everything people paid "more" for, be given out free? If it were free, I should have just paid for a regular copy, and not a deluxe edition.

They have traits like "pig-Headed", "Dumb Luck" and "FEline Instinct" that are unavailable to anyone else, AKA Unique. And some of them are very valuable, a much lower chance of being held in place and shot at is a very good advantage.

Well, to be honest Ive never played any of these races, so I dont know how major or minor the traits are - I doubt they are enough to give their players a significant advantage over a "normal" character.

I have read from many people that have these characters, they have seen much better performance in PvP and elsewhere do to many of these traits.

Ah, but the "ordinary" races also have their traits, that in the right situations give better performance.. In the end the difference is that they are.. different.. It doesnt change the game, or give them some major advantage.. In space they are actually disadvantaged (compared to a all space trait alien) :p

If they were just visual, I would be okay with it. Heck, I'm even ok with them putting in those kinds of races (Pakleds or Caitians) because they are rare in Trek. But species that are commonly shown (Ferengi, Klingon, Tellarite) just ticks me off, especially when they don't fit with the (poor) reasoning of the C-Store.

I dont know, but I seem to remember far more humans than aliens in Starfleet.. Picard, Kirk, Sisko, Janeway, Chacotay, Seven, Geordi, Archer and so on and so forth.. Sure, there were aliens here and there (always a Vulcan for some reason) but seriously.. Have you see SB 1? There are aliens *everywhere*

Maybe not in the shows, but they by the end of the shows, there was inferrence that more would come.
Especially the Ferengi, considering all the reforms Rom would make.
Heck, in several alternate timelines, Ferengi/Klingons have been shown in Starfleet.

Again, to quote one of my favorite actors in the series - Logic dictates that a race to whom honour is essential to existance, would not likely join with another organization at war with their own people.. Hell, even Martok refused to challenge Gowron, even when he knew his orders were given with a personal (and dishonorable) agenda.. I quote again "I swore an oath" Martok was willing to do anything and everything, he was ordered, because honour demanded it.

Remember : Honour is life

Except that the Klingons in Starfleet may see the Chancellor's actions as dishonorable and unworthy of following. AKA Worf during the Klingon-Federation War. Besides that, How does that legitimize charging for that option?

Even Worf joined the Empire in this situation.. And seeing as he is "the most honourable man Ive known", that arguement is invalid.. And still wouldnt explain the number of Klingons on the blue side.. Sure, Klingons in Starfleet should be possible (traitors, cowards, exiles etc) but they should be rare.. Which is where the charge comes in

As for the Ferengi.. Do you really believe that a race that for hundred of years have cared about nothing but profit, to the point of betraying/assasinating their own familymembers would, in large numbers, join a organization where money have no value, where there is *no* profit whatsoever?

Maybe during TNG and most of Early DS9, but considering all the changes to Ferengi civilization by Zek, and the changes by Rom, and the fact that they have been depicted as in Starfleet in Alternate Futures, and the fact that Path to 2409 mentions an increase in Ferengi attending Starfleet, I would say yes. Also, if they were so scarce, why are their so many BO's?

I doubt an entire races mindset would be changed .. in a decade, millenia.. Some would "turn" sure, but in limited numbers.

Allready said that I wanted fewer Klingons and Ferengi in the BO lists.. Imo, they should have been an unique BO rewarded for a mission (help an exiled Klingon, and he joins with you)

Even if there are few shown, the "reason" that Cryptic gives for C-Store content doesn't explain them.

Simple .. You get this and this and this and this (x100).. If you want that or that, you can have it, but need to pay for it.

And as for the C-Store in general

Either 1) They are hiring more people (which is unlikely, based on their press releases)

2) Subscription pays for :
Content A
Content B
Content C
Content D

Fans want extra content (E)

Like Nebulons and such?

Content D workers instead work on Content E, which you are then charged for.

So, at the end of the day, you paid for

A,B,C, and D

But only got A,B,&C and are told to pay extra for Content E

No, because Content D is not gone, it is merely delayed
As in I paid $15 this month, got $10 worth, and was told I'd have to pay $5 for Content E.

OR 3)

You paid for A,B,C,D and so they divert some of the workers to Content E

And A,B,C,D drop in quality

And A,B,C,D will be improved upon, once Content E is out.
Not necessarily. They have shown a remarkable propensity towards releasing garbage content full of bugs, that are never fixed.

Weeeeeell, the game is not that old.. Serious gamebreaking bugs, take precedence over minor issues.. Understand that they have a strictly planned schedule a while ahead, and all fixed bugs (as well as minor requested changes) are done in the sparetime..

Id hazard a guess that the "severity" of issues and how they are prioritized in the "to-do" list is based on the number of tickets on each one.