View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 36
08-12-2010, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borysthenis
They look really well done, and I'm quite liking the female gowns, but...

...well, look at the male formal wear. Just look at it.

Guess what part of the male formal wear has never been seen in the 22nd, 23rd or 24th century?

(Here's a hint: it's 'ties.')

Seriously. Even in Vic Fontaine's holoVegas, they wore bow ties with their tuxedos. I think there were some ties in the first Dixon Hill holoprogram, but that's about it.

Take the ties off those, pop the collar a touch more, and maybe put a medallion or sash on them, and they'll look entirely 'future.' With the ties on them, they look out of place.
Just for the record, the ties are optional - you can choose a regular tie, a bow tie, a 'bolo' tie (for that Nashville-tastic look! ) or 'none'.

What I'd really like to see is a bit more variation in the jackets - they're all 3-button jobs, with a waistcoat or 'vest' underneath.

What we could do with is a lower-cut 2-button jacket with longer lapels, and maybe the option to have a vent in the back. Plus, the choice to have no waistcoat, and the top button of the shirt undone for a more 'relaxed' look.

The icing on the cake would be true 'black tie' - shiny lapels on a 2- or 1-button jacket, and a shiny stripe down the sides of the trousers like on the 'Wrath of Khan' trousers.

And spats on the shoes - gotta have some spats!

It's like the Vulcans say, "Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations". With "Infinite Cool" as standard!