View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-16-2010, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
Other items such as additional slots are necessary to be sold through the C-Store. In order to give you these additional slots Cryptic needs more storage space, which costs money. You are essentially paying for a portion of that space.
Very few MMOs charge for additional character slots; in fact most MMOs that I have played start you with at least ten slots. Personally after I used up my free pre-order I have not purchased any other Cryptic points and have no intention to. F2P use an in-game store very few P2P use such a model. I guarantee Cryptic made enough money on Lifetime-subs to run this game for 5 years or more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingi
its the model the whole MMO industry is using now, and just as when expansions started happening not everyone is going to be happy about it.. i accept that, i just wish others would accept that not everyone hates it and move past it.
This is an overly general statement I would like to see proof that this is the model for the NA market(I understand that in Asia this is the model). None of the major MMO companies use such a model as extensive as STO.