View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-17-2010, 08:01 AM
I have to agree that its all about the tactics. Although I routinely get my digital butt handed to me on elite, vs klingons advanced is awesome. Ground combat isn't just a first person shooter run through. You have to think and position your away team. You also have to choose your away team effectively. I have one captain who runs with two sci officers with medical tricorders and two tac officers. So play with your BOF skills and your away team selection. At higher levels when you have a good amount of bridge officers I tend to have a set of bridge officers and a set of away team officers. (most everyone probably does)

The times i have gotten killed repeatedly on advanced is when i had an easy encounter and charged ahead foregoing my tactics. Another reason to use tactics and position your Bofs is that they are rather dim. They run to attack some random person and in the process get too close to the next group or a patrol and aggro them . The application of tactics is another reason I love this game. What you do and how you do it matters.

The only times i have seen the enemy shoot through walls and objects is after they have already targeted me and started firing. The animation still shows as hittimg me even though I have moved around the wall. Ground combat does need some work but its great fun on advanced.