View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-18-2010, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
Great if you got no Life. Got no job. No kids. Play STO 24/7 Letting people buy a small amount say 500 badge per month for like 13$USA would not be the end of the world. Would give a few people a small edge but the Badge gear is Bind on equip. There is drop XII uncommon in the auction that is just good as the blue X badge gear. The gear the same as drop gear. It would also let people go away for few days from the PC and do not forget the guy can only play one day a week. Saw tons of people get burned in WOW because they could not keep there gear up so they got left behind. Any bought advantage would very short lived.

PS if you want to see the XII gear in the Auction it is buged. Do a sech for "XII" any rank any grade
I spend very little time playing STO, maybe for an hour or two a day when I am not on vacation and I see no problem with this. I don't like people who are unwilling to work for something, I spent months charting the B'Tran cluster then boom, now its Emblems and everything I worked for was useless. Yet, I am fine, because I worked hard and earned things.

If they are going to start putting Emblems on the C-Store, why not put XP because some people have no time to rank up! Couple bucks and now you're a Captain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise-D View Post
If they are to sell those badges with the 500 per month limit they should cost 25 USD minimum.
25 USD is roughly 1-2 hours of real life work to earn.

Why?
Because I'm tired of seeing MMO after MMO putting everything in micro transactions that allows some players to get fully equipped within minutes of reaching a level instead of spending 2-3 weeks to play and get the equipment in game.

What's next? An item in C-store that allows you to one shoot everything in game with a 30 minutes cooldown?

If you really want to play games that are fast and extremely easy to play, then may I suggest single player RPG because to me it sounds like that is what you are looking for.

The beauty in MMO's is that you need to put some work into the game to get something and it isn't a game that you run out of things to do, so why add more and more stuff to the C-Store that takes away things to do?
Agreed 100%