View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-19-2010, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saberous View Post
I have been playing games all day. I have played WOW starcraft2 CODMW2 AVP Crysis wars today and everything worked fine. Played sto for an hour and I keep getting several errors. One is Fatal error not enough available video memory evga gtx 260 reset screen res another one is The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000017) arg is this a gfx driver issue or is it the game? I'm able to play the other games just fine with no issues.

I have have been playing this game since its release. I just built this system yesterday but the only thing different is the Mobo and cpu. I was running a 790i ftw mobo with a core 2 duo e6850 and 4 gigs or ddr3 1600mhz ram, the rest of this system is used in the new one

This is my system.
Intel Core i7 930
EVGA X58 FTW3 MOBO
Corsair H50
6 Gigs of Dominator DDR3 1600Mhz 8-8-8-24
2 EVGA GTX 260 C216 666-1444-2500
X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
1 LiteOn DVD SATA DVD Burners
1 WD 1TB 6Gps 64MB 7200 HHD
3 Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB Hard Drive - 7200, 16MB, Serial ATA-300
Ultra X3 1000 PSU
Antec 1200
Windows 7 Pro 64
You have a nice system. Which video drivers are you using and is anything running in the background besides the usual Windows processes/services? (iTunes, browser, taskbar tray items) You might want to check Start, Run, msconfig -> Startup just to kill off anything that you don't need to have running. I do understand the difference between system memory (RAM) and video memory. But the less "stuff" in the mix the better when trying to identify a problem like this, so the less extraneous stuff running, the better. Of course, that's true of any time you are gaming.

I suspect this may be a video driver issue. If you aren't already running the latest, you might want to upgrade to the latest driver and see if it helps. You seem technically savvy, so please don't feel insulted at my questions. I'm only trying to help.

Also, you can run DxDiag from Start, Run to see more info about your setup, HW and drivers, and to see if the drivers are WHQL certified or not.