View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-20-2010, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveywavey View Post
"and was then able to buy the cheapest Holo Emitter and the most expensive."

My post clearly stated that I had 2. And as you'll well realise, 2 lots of 15mins is 30mins. Nuff said. Saying that I'd got 15mins from my Dabo playing would have been inaccurate, since I got 2 Holo Emitters, giving me 30. Hence why I said 30. Nowhere did I mention that I only had 1. You say I can't communicate, and yet you clearly can't grasp the fact that having mentioned that I had 2 Holo Emitters, you took that to mean 1. I'm not the one with the communication problem.

Exactly. It's totally random. So why doubt that somebody can get a 100k Dabo? I had the list of the previous winners up while I played, so I could see that others were getting them, too. Maybe they've nerfed the percentage since I played, I dunno.

I've no need or desire to 'prove' my statements, since I know them to be true. Now maybe your experience of gamers has turned your online-personality into the deeply unpleasant character you put across, maybe it was there from the start. Your 'Opinions' may discount what I say, but the 'Facts' certainly do not. And if you want to look me up in-game, I'll show you both the Holo Emitters, if you're really that desperately in need of convincing.

I would say 'Have a nice day', but your 'nice days' seem to involve being insulting and disagreeable, so I'll just smile sweetly and nod politely...
1st... your statement implied one, it was not clear you were referring to two at any point, regardless of whether you mentioned two previously. Clear communication does not leave room for misunderstanding. So. Point and match.

2nd... it's a computer program so it is NOT totally random. Even random number generator programs are not truly random without adding special perimeters to them such as basing the number off of atmospheric noise, etc. and can be predicted with enough time and effort put in to work out the algorithm they are using to 'randomly generate' their numbers.. If you knew anything about programming you would know this.

http://www.random.org/randomness/ (hope this explains it a bit better for you. I doubt cryptic went so far as to code in an atmospheric or quantum based RNG for their game table. So yes, it is possible that with enough work and effort, someone could crack the table. Though that is a topic for another conversation entirely.)

3rd... If you got lucky early and won, fine. I have no problem with that. But the problem I do have is your statement that I failed to achieve what you did because I somehow sucked at Dabo or was doing something wrong. Your statement also implied that everyone should be able to make 135k at Dabo in 45 minutes or they must suck at it or are doing something wrong. Like I said above. You can neither suck or be good at Dabo and it's pretty hard to do it wrong (though only betting 10 EC per slot comes close, but even that isn't wrong). It's just a matter of averages and programming (of which I and others, have worked out the averages already).

4th... My personality has nothing to do with this conversation aside from the fact I have little to no tolerance for idiots, fools, liars and stupidity. I don't tolerate people like that in real life, or in games or forums. I see no point in pandering to some idiots feelings when they won't get it anyway. If you don't like my bluntness oh well, I honestly don't give a damn what you like or don't like. You are only relevant to me, in this conversation, and other than that, you have no relevance to me in life or otherwise.

To many people worry about other peoples feelings "oh no, be nice to them or you might hurt their wittle feewins" (miss-spelled on purpose to make my point). If your emotions are so fragile that others can have an effect on you over a forum, a game, or in life, then something is seriously wrong with you and you need to HTFU (Harden The F* UP). I don't pander to that type of pansy ass mentality. Don't like it. To bad. I don't care.

~Captain Mando Rais Dewcap