View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 511
08-21-2010, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
I found a nifty ship scale chart out on the web and plopped it into the beginning of the Klingon and Romulan sections and in the Defiant section.
Have you seen the Federation Fleet Chart at 'Ex Astris Scientia'?

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/fleet-charts.htm

Probably the best one in terms of accuracy - Bernd Schneider's done some great work in balancing the various on-screen discrepancies to come up with ship/station sizes that make sense.

I wonder how much better things like DS9 and K7 would look if they followed this scaling chart - hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
That is intentional on the part of the devs, though the reasoning behind it has more holes in it than swiss cheese.
What was their reasoning? If it's as daft as the 'it feels right' response for DS9's ludicrous size, or the '3rd person camera won't allow it' excuse for the massively over-sized interiors (clearly none of the Devs ever played 'Star Wars: KotOR'...), then my head might explode...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiric_hoshi View Post
Its basicaly along the same lines as the stupidly over-sized ship interriors. We know they can be scaled down without camera issues, and its highly probable that we could have ships twice the size as they currently are without it being largely detrimental to performance, but Cryptic have convinced themselves of something and will defend that decision to the hilt.
Most succinct take on it I've read thus far - bravo, sir!