Playing from bridge view
View Single Post
Join Date: Dec 2007
08-22-2010, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by
I just had a bridge combat vision:
1. You are sitting on your bridge you select Red Alert
2. you ship walls and ceilling and floor become "cloak" transparent. (you can see space all around you)
3. you can select all of your powers from the bridge by clicking on your bridge officers at the bottom of your screen as current.
4. you can see all enemy ships moving around you and your targeting system is the same as the outward ship view. your mini map shows up on the view screen (transparently or in the upper right as always)
5. your movement control is the same as the outer view all your BOs are tapping there consoles.
6. you stand down from red alert your walls become solid again, and on you r main view screen a Star Fleet Admiral is hailing you, you put it on screen and your dialogue box is on the main viewer.
(all power remain at your custom settings in same location as the external bridge view. with an additional hide feature for items no wanted to view)
7. you click the helm panel and it brings up the map screen you set course for your next location, and on the view screen stars whizzing by until you reach you next system, then the prompt to enter a system comes up, you select to enter. The next instance show up on you r view screen and you can toggle your bridge control to the current tactical view point based on preference.
sorry but that sounds terribly hideous and tedious
how they worked in combat on a bridge in the series was that all data about the relevant events happening around the ship were all displayed on the consoles at stations as numbers data, star fleet military officers manned the stations and worked with said numerical data to defend the ship. all very very boring compared to moving outside the ship in 3d and playing like we do.