View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-04-2010, 05:30 PM
I posted this in another thread about Cap and Hold but that was before I read this one and I feel it applies here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I still don't think it should be winner take all. I'd rather see the dailies be universal. Instead of requiring you to complete a specific task they should be offered as they are now but with the option of completing them in PVP, PVE, or Fleet Actions. That way, PVEers could stick with their comfort area and just run expanses/clusters 9 times, while PVPers could do the type of missions they want. The point being, people who get to play the game that they want to play are less likely to just show up for the credit and leave.

You can do it with winner take all but consider how long a match can take when both sides are playing each other as hard as they can? I'm not saying that the challenge wouldn't be nice, but Cap and Hold could take hours to complete a single daily.
I'm totally for a boost to the awards for winning and a diminishing reward for losing but not a winner takes all scenario. I don't think that "making it hurt" is going to do much to help anyway.